Current open Staff positions can be found at: Staff Positions
1. Adjunct Faculty
We invite applications for adjunct faculty who strongly believe in our mission and who want to be considered as founding faculty. We are looking for highly successful individuals, who feel the call to serve the Lord in the field of Catholic higher education. After reviewing our vision and mission, as well as our current and future academic programs, please let us know how you can help us to invent the future of Catholic higher education and impact the culture for Christ. We are particularly interested in talking with highly qualified potential faculty in the following areas:
- Marketing & Finance
- Mobile Game Development
The ideal candidates are closely aligned with the mission of JP Catholic, are highly creative, have excellent professional skills, and are passionate about teaching. An earned doctorate or terminal professional degree (MBA, MFA) is required. Distinguished industrial accomplishments at a senior level (CEO, CTO, Founder, VP, Director, etc), evidenced by significant contributions to the relevant industry may substitute for the advanced degree requirement.
2. Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (Emphasis - New & Old Media, General Business)
These positions involve working with students outside of the classroom and encouraging them in their entrepreneurial ambitions. The ideal candidates will have: had a successful career in industry at a senior level (Founder, CEO, CTO, VP, Director, Producer etc); a strong commitment to the founding principles of JP Catholic; and a burning desire to help students with their business ideas and to give back to the Lord and to the Church. The Entrepreneurs-in-Residence will be active within our on-campus LaunchPad.
Entrepreneurs-in-Residence are volunteer positions.
Send an email detailing your experience as it matches the position requirements described above and a current resume. Email the complete package to Derry Connolly, President, JP Catholic University, at dconnolly@JPCatholic.com or via US Mail to 10174 Old Grove Road, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92131. Review of applications is on-going and will continue until the positions are filled.
- JP Catholic University is a lay run Roman Catholic institution with a primary focus on forming future creators and innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs within a faithfully Catholic campus environment. Its faculty is composed of scholars from diverse backgrounds.
- Faculty must passionately support our mission and vision, and transmit that passion to the students, and change the world through the media and business. Please indicate why you are well suited to be part of the JP Catholic University faculty.
- Adjunct faculty positions are renewable, based on faculty member's commitment to the institution and performance. JP Catholic does not use the tenure system.
- Interviews and hiring dates are budget and student enrollment dependent.
- Applicants should carefully read and understand our expectations with respect to fidelity to and respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church. Read more ..